Dorchester Not for Sale Community Dinner & Forum
June 20, 6-8 PM:
Vietnamese American Community Center
42 Charles Street, Dorchester
See the Poster in English
Community Planning by and for the Community! Join us to make sure we have a say in the future of our neighborhood! What do YOU think new housing should look like in Dorchester? What is affordable housing to YOU?
June 21, 6:00-8:30 PM
Grove Hall Branch Boston Public Library
41 Geneva Avenue, Dorchester
Open to all-registration required
To RSVP call 617-879-7330 or CLICK HERE
Workshop poster and list of community partners
This Poetry & Art Workshop is being led by Stable Ground Artist-in-Residence L’ Merchie Frazier. Participants will consider housing instability and displacement to express notions of home and community. No writing or art experience necessary!
During the month of May 2018, the artists Ngoc Tran Vu and L’Merchie Frazier will be working with a number of Dorchester based community members and groups to host the following events:
- Rise Up! Dorchester Residents Share Their Stories, May 11, 6:30-9:30pm, Homestead Bakery: https://www.facebook.com/events/144187013090768/
Dorchester is undergoing a lot of changes and its people should be at the heart of it all. Our stories and our neighborhood matter — and we want to hear from you! Join us to hear critical narratives on the themes of home and displacement while building community with one another.
- Dot Not for Sale Community Dinner & Forum, May 16, 6pm-8pm
Vietnamese American Community Center, 42 Charles St. Community Planning by and for the Community! Join us to make sure we have a say in the future of our neighborhood! What do YOU think new housing should look like in Dorchester? What is affordable housing to YOU?
- On May 19th, 2018 from 6-9pm at 284 Amory St, Jamaica Plain, the artist L’Merchie Frazierwill be working with City Life /Viva Urbana during their 45th anniversary celebration event called UPRISE: Celebrating 45 Years of Resistance.
Today the Stable Ground team will be attending the Glover’s Corner Dorchester Housing Toolkit Conversation. Learn More http://www.bostonplans.org/news-calendar/calendar/2018/03/29/plan-glovers-corner-%E2%80%8B%E2%80%8Bhousing-toolkit-conversation
On March 29th, 2018 The Graduate Architecture students from Wentworth Institute of Technology and Law Students from Northeastern University School of Law collaborated to developing and install several design intervention ideas focused on the Housing Court experience at the Brooke Courthouse.
The design interventions included:
- Increased signage for Housing Court resources/locations
- Addition of a digital clock above the information desk
- Addition of a divider in the Housing Court Clerk’s Office seating area
- Adding distance between the Lawyer for a Day tables for tenants and landlords
- Addition of booth-like areas for Lawyer for a Day participants to meet with individuals
- Addition of curtain dividers in the general bench seating areas
Stable Ground Boston wants to highlight some great work being done through a special course called More Than Buildings: Multi-scalar Systems/Targeted Interventions. Check out the blog.